Sunday, March 8, 2009

Survey Says...

It's a WIN!!! Another HUGE win, actually. The results of the scans were "excellent," in the words of Dr. O'Reilly (who is rarely so effusive). We figured Dad was doing well, but the results were even better than we expected. All of the tumors shrunk - the ones on the liver and the big one in the intestine too. Hooray!

I wasn't able to be at the hospital this time, but Dad called with the results as soon as he and Mom and Christian finished meeting with Dr. O'Reilly. Then Mom called to tell me the results while Dad called Kurt to share the results with him. Then Mom called Kurt for the same reason. Then Kurt called me to ask if it was normal for our parents to be standing side by side making the same phone calls to the same people at the same time. A fair question, but given the nature of the news, I don't care if they call me fifty times!

I haven't been able to get the results of the blood tests, but I imagine the markers dropped off significantly as well. I'll post an update as soon as I'm able to track down my parents, who I am pretty sure have been out celebrating since they got the news yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who reads along and comments or just sends a note of good wishes to Mom and Dad. All the wonderful wishes and prayers and good thoughts are working!

Peace!

Connie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!!! A new baby AND great news! Keep it comin' (the great news I mean. I would never dream of asking Connie for another baby right now!)

Love you guys!

- Sharyn

JES said...

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! we're so glad to hear it!!